New Relic provides an integrated platform where you can explore core capabilities like querying data and building charts, dig deeper into more curated observability experiences in the UI, and use our alerting and applied intelligence tools. With the New Relic platform, you can see and act on all the data throughout your entire ecosystem.
To access New Relic, go to one.newrelic.com. Or, if you report data to our EU data center, go to one.eu.newrelic.com.
This doc gives you detailed information about why New Relic's capabilities matter to your business. But if you want to skip ahead, just sign up for a New Relic account. (It's free, forever!) Then, after you install New Relic, you can start working with your data.
Quickly understand context
We provide multiple ways to understand your system's dependencies, so you can easily see how everything fits together and troubleshoot problems. Our platform gives you and your teams a connected view that cuts through complexity!
If you want to...
Have an overall view of your system, and drill down to get performance details.
Provide context for your entities.
Use tags to illustrate relationships and contextual information for what you monitor. By thoughtfully tagging your entities, you can connect all the data your teams need to understand their increasingly complex and interdependent systems. For example:
See how each part of your system is connected.
Review service maps that illustrate your upstream and downstream dependencies.
Visualize the aggregated health and activity data from all you monitor.
Group and monitor any entities together into functional team-focused, project-focused groupings, or any other attribute, with workloads.
Fetch and analyze specific data.
Get more context while you query with the query builder, which surfaces data definitions as you craft and edit queries.
Create visuals that showcase your business needs at a glance.
Tailor custom dashboards for your unique needs.
Find a service or dashboard in a complex environment.
View a list of all the dependencies for a service.
Use the dependencies tab in an entity summary to see all the dependencies of the entity you’re viewing.
Track activity as it moves across your distributed system.
Use our distributed tracing solution to analyze your complex environment.
Understand how everything is connected via API.
Use our NerdGraph GraphiQL explorer to manage all your entities, tags, and relationships.
Query your data more easily
On the Browse data menu on the top navigation menu you can easily access your basic telemetry data (metrics, events, logs, and traces).
Wherever you go in the UI, Query your data is available. No matter your level of proficiency with our query language, you can create custom queries and charts:
- Browse your data in a query-less experience with our data explorer.
- Use your NRQL (our query language) expertise to build custom charts in the query builder.
- Run PromQL-style queries in the query builder.
one.newrelic.com > Query your data: Build NRQL and PROMQL-like queries.
one.newrelic.com > Dashboards: Quickly create information-dense custom views into the data that matters most to you with dashboards in New Relic.
New Relic dashboards let you build better visualizations more easily, with more options to customize. Dashboard features include:
- Perform NRQL queries and create charts and dashboards everywhere in the platform using the query builder.
- Manage your charts and dashboards easily using our quick-access CRUD menus and editing options.
- Explore and contextualize data with advanced tooltips and zoom in functions to monitor what your systems are doing in real time.
- Search your dashboards for attributes and metrics.
- Send data to your dashboards using our agents, integrations, and APIs.
- Share dashboards or charts as a .pdf, or embed a chart in an external site.
Build on New Relic
- Live on New Relic , alongside your other New Relic-monitored data.
- Feature highly tailored visualizations.
- Display data from any source you want, whether from a New Relic-monitored entity or data from any service or API.
And you can use open source apps built by the community, and contribute your own open source apps.
To learn more, see New Relic applications.
Start exploring your data in New Relic!
- Start using our basic UI features.
- See what data you have available with the data explorer.
- Browse your monitored entities with the New Relic Explorer.
- Use our NerdGraph API to add tags to your data.
- Learn about dashboards.
Beginning May 17, 2022, we no longer refer to our New Relic observability platform as "New Relic One" and have updated our documentation to reflect this change.
This is only a name change; New Relic continues to offer the same value you're used to receiving from the observability platform.